Wednesday, September 29, 2010

JBCStyle: Elise Overland Style


Designer Elise Overland  designs clothes "my girlfriends and I would want to where when we go out at night." And for anyone who thinks she's only got that downtown girl in mind, think again. Her collection is also available at chic uptown boutique Edit.

Elise Overland and Byrdie Bell

"My clothes are sexy and form fitting - like the leather leggings - but then I'll pair them with something feminine and unexpected, like a nude chiffon blouse. But yes, there is always that rock and roll vibe. I'm inspired by the woman who finds clothes exciting."

Elise Overland in her famed leggings

Sometimes all you need is one piece to take your pre-existing fall wardrobe into another stratosphere. We found her leggings on shopbop and have heard Ali Larter, Ashley Tisdale and Ashlee Simpson-Wentz have been spotted rocking them all around town.


We can't help but ask Elise - did she really design for Steven Tyler? She laughs and nods yes: "Steven Tyler asked me to design his stage clothes while I was a student at Parsons. I've also designed for Aerosmith, White Stripes, Smashing Pumpkins, Alicia Keys, Britney Spears, and the Dixie Chicks."

With a white tee-shirt or that sexy chiffon shirt in an animal print. We're all about putting a little edge in our fall style.

Rock and roll, baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment