Friday, October 8, 2010

JBCStyle: Birthday Boy Style


It's Bryan Zaslow's birthday today, so please excuse us if we take a little time and space this morning to publish what his employees say about him. Since we are not into kiss ass style, employees were given the opportunity to describe him anonymously. Below are the uncensored birthday wishes for one of the most unique human beings we have ever come across.


Bryan openly professes to seize the best out of every day. . .


Judging from what the JBCStyle team in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Orange County had to say below, today we tell him simply to consider a lifetime seized.

If you are a good leader, your employees respect you. If you are a great leader, they respect themselves. Thank you, Bryan, for the countless ways in which you have touched, inspired, and warmed each and every one of us.
With love and the utmost respect on your birthday,
Your Office Peeps





The JBCStyle Team On BryanStyle
Bryan is a great role model for all things recruiting and I wouldn’t hesitate to approach him with anything, even non-work related. JBC is an amazing company to work for and it’s all because of Bryan and how he chooses to run his company!   
I admire that Bryan is still a big kid at heart!

His ability to eat and drink like a fish and still get up and run 6miles before 7am.

Bryan has taught me how to look at difficult situations through rainbow colored glasses.

I never knew work can be so much fun. Thanks for letting me into your JBC family.

I’ve learned from Bryan to MOVE ON when something doesn’t work out as planned. It is a waste of your precious time to start dwelling on it. Things happen in this business that are out of our control and the best thing you can do when they do is to just work harder on the next thing immediately. Bryan truly understands this, which to me, is an amazing quality in a boss!

I've now been working for Bryan for 4.5 years and could not have asked for a better boss.  I had no idea what would be in store for me when I met him getting coffee at Dunkin donuts, but in the past 4 plus years Bryan has no only taught me how to be a Rockstar recruiter but also a better person.  I admire Bryan for his strength, wisdom, motivation, and most all, his ability to build the BEST fashion recruiting agency in the world!


Personally, Bryan is inspiring in that he has always pushed to make me a better recruiter by encouraging me to do what comes naturally as well as step outside of my comfort zone. It’s a pleasure to work for someone who is a great mentor, boss, and friend. It’s refreshing to work for someone who is genuinely interested in his employees’ growth and success.  Not to mention it’s great fun to be part of the JBC Family; Bryan fosters an extremely fun environment to work in with great friendships to boot!

I admire everything Bryan has done to make JBC what it is today.

Joining JBC was  the best career decision I have ever made - working with and for Bryan has been an eye awaking experience. I have learned from Bryan that you can actually make work fun - he has an energy about him that is contagious, he gives you the space you need to learn and make mistakes and is always there if you need anything without judgement, and I can always count on Bryan for a laugh! - Wishing him his best year yet and thanking him for making me apart of the JBC Family

He inspires me to just be. Be myself. Be good at what I do. Be pissed. Be happy. Just be. He doesn't take himself seriously and when you talk to him you just know that you are with someone who "gets it". He is real. He is himself. He curses. He says what he feels and reminds me to say what I feel to. I feel privileged to work for him and with him

I admire Bryan’s determination to see everyone succeed at JBC.

I've learned that if you truly love what you do you'll find great success and happiness and you shouldn't settle for anything less!

I have learned from Bryan not to take everything so seriously!

As new members of the JBCStyle team, Bryan was extremely welcoming, and made us feel right at home. We admire his ambition, excitement, and motivation. We are so excited to be a part of JBC, largely due to Bryan.

The thing I admire most about Bry is his positive attitude. No matter what, he always has a smile on his face and somehow makes the best out of any and every situation. His positivity and attitude exudes throughout and makes working for him and JBCStyle a joy!

Management Committee asks every potential JBCStyle candidate to share 3 adjectives which best describe themselves. For Bryan I would choose Energized, Smart, and Caring.
His energy level is contagious, his intelligence is at once inspiring and reassuring and finally the degree to which he personally cares about his JBCStyle family raises the "CEO bar" significantly.

One of the many things I have learned from Bryan is that work can be fun! He works very hard but at the same time he is always cracking us up and never stops smiling. I’ve learned the importance of loving what you do in life. Bryan’s energy is contagious and you can help but be happy in his presence.

Meeting Bryan was like re-uniting with my long lost twin brother! He brings method to his madness and madness to his method!

I couldn’t ask for a better boss, mentor or friend.  It truly is a special thing when you’re excited and happy to come to work every single day, and Bryan has truly built a family here at JBC.  Thank you for giving us all such a wonderful home. 

What I admire most about Bryan is that he is more than just your average boss. Bryan is a great leader, entrepreneur and friend. It has been a pleasure working with him and I hope to share many more birthdays to come. Happy 35th Birthday dear boss, wishing you a wonderful day full of pleasant surprises and cheerful smiles ahead.

In a world where business owners tend to forget the humanistic side of managing employees who have families, committments, and lives away from the office, Bryan conducts himself day to day as a President, but also as a family man, and as a friend. He understands the work-life balance and creates an environment where that balance is embraced and employees truly feel cared for.

I admire his passion for life!

Since my first day here Bryan has always made me feel valued and totally appreciated when I know he has 5 million other things to do and so many other employees to deal with! I love that he is the owner of a fabulously succesful company  and still seems like one of the most down to earth, approachable guys ever!

Bryan knows I love him.  I am not eloquent enough to describe what working with him is like, so I will reference that greatest documentary of the work place in our times: Office Space.



Peter Gibbons:

We don't have a lot of time on this earth. We weren't meant to spend it this way. Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements.



Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.


Dr. Swanson: What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?


Peter Gibbons: Yeah.


Dr. Swanson: Wow, that's messed up.

...


I work with Bryan because I know he and I will die or walk away before either of these quotes is a JBC "Style ".

Bryan has one of the kindest hearts I've ever come across. Between that and his outrageously fun personality it is truly a joy working for him (as well as an experience :) ). Bryan I wish you an exciting 35+ more years of happiness and fun!! Happy Birthday!!

Bryan makes us want to be excellent.

Myspace Graphics
CEO CatStyle

Our CEO is one cool cat, ZaslowStyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment